No current vacancies
|Role:||Residential Support Workers|
|Salary:||£9 per hour|
|Hours:||20 hours + optional hours|
Are you looking for a part time role where you can actively make a difference to people’s lives?
Do you have strong social and interpersonal skills? Are you resilient and able to adapt to change?
Here at Compass, we make a house a home. We understand that a child’s emotional development can depend on their age, ability and experience, but most importantly the access to a significant person in their life. A person who can help shape their future.
Could this be you?
To be a Residential Support Worker at Compass, you don’t have to have lots of experience of working with children and young people on your CV. We understand that just like a family, children and young people need all types of role models, so whilst you may not have direct working experience, you will have some transferable skills in order to let children know they care seen, heard and that they are safe.
We also know that life can get really busy, it may be that you’re looking for part time work to fit around an education course, the school run or your family. Perhaps you’re looking to get back into work or start your journey in a new career.
Our part time vacancies are as follows;
• 2 x evenings per week 15.00 – 22.00 + 1 weekend day of choice (sat or sun) – sleep ins optional
• 2x evenings per week 14.00 – 21.00 + 1 weekend day of choice (sat or sun) – sleep ins optional
We are also looking for Residential Support Workers to support the Children’s Homes on weekday mornings;
• Morning attachment workers – 7.30 am – 12.30 Monday to Friday
What will I do as a Residential Care Worker working for Compass Children’s Homes?
• Using life skills, you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference within a child’s life. Helping them to overcome any difficulties or disadvantages they may face – allowing them to strengthen their future. You will meet a variety of children and young people, some of whom may require high levels of supervision and support.
• You will have a great work/life balance. Our part time hours ensures consistency for the children and young people whilst providing you with flexibility and the means for training and progression.
Why work for Compass?
• Compass knows how to make a house, a home. We understand that a home can embody how we live and see ourselves. Compass creates a home environment that exceeds the children’s needs, allowing them to express their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives.
• We pride ourselves on giving children who experience behavioural and emotional difficulties the highest quality care and substitute parenting.
• As well as the children, Compass strives to look after you. We will supply excellent support and professional supervision, regular training opportunities and the chance to undertake further qualifications.
• We are committed to staff retention, development and equality. Our staff have access to hundreds of discounts and benefits through Perkbox, as well as the chance to win up to £150 in vouchers every month from our REACH Awards.
If you think you can make a real difference to a child or young person’s life, apply today.
Please note that you must be 22 years old or above to apply. This is in lead by Ofsted regulations to ensure that all staff are at least 4 years older than the eldest young person in our homes. You must also have a valid driving licence.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to references and enhanced DBS check.