We currently have 2 Voluntary Assistant Psychologist vacancies, one based in the south and one based in the north, depending on your location.
Compass Community is an independent social care provider with an excellent reputation for providing high-quality, tailored packages of care to young people. A Voluntary Assistant Psychologist is required to work alongside our national therapeutic teams, based in West Sussex and Calderdale. The post involves working with young people who display an array of challenging behaviours, including those of a sexually problematic nature. The young people are enrolled on the Stepping Forward Programme, a therapeutic assessment and intervention aimed at helping them manage problematic sexual behaviour (PSB) and providing them with new, pro-social behaviours.
The successful candidate(s) will assist with research regarding the Stepping Forward Programme using NVivo and SPSS databases. There will be opportunities to transcribe recorded therapy sessions, enter and code data using NVivo, identify and modify themes, score psychometrics and contribute to the analysis of quantitative data using demographics, educational attainment and therapeutic community/professionals’ feedback.
Additionally, the successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to observe specialist one-to-one assessments with young people, participate in individual and group therapy sessions, as part of the Stepping Forward Programme, and attend specialist training in working therapeutically with PSB. You will work in partnership with Mentor Forensic Services, ensuring that the therapeutic aims of their work are implemented.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Maintain confidentiality and security of data, in line with data protection, BPS, and HCPC standards
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to and concerns passed to the appropriate individual or body
- Complete an induction, including an introduction to PSB, therapeutic approaches and specialist Mentor Forensic Services training: http://mentorforensics.com/courses/
- Adhere to the policies and procedures in place across Compass Community
- Work collaboratively with Compass Community staff members
- Complete ad-hoc administration duties
- Active, energetic, creative and outgoing individual
- Excellent communicator and fluent speaker of English
- Studying towards (or already achieved) Master’s degree in Forensic Psychology
- Aged 22 or over
- Able to commit to working at least one half day per week
- Experience of work with young people
Compass Community is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all post are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
The successful applicant will be appointed, subject to references, enhanced DBS checks and screening.
Should you have any queries regarding the role, please contact us.
Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.