Salary: up to £30,000 D.O.E
Hours: Full time
Location: Thetford, Caseload of east
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and those that support them?
Are you an enthusiastic person with residential experience looking for a new challenge?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join our learning and development training team to support and deliver learning, skills and training to our residential services. We are looking for someone that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential through providing effective support and training to our residential workers.
You will be comfortable to work across a wide range of offices and venues with travel across regions expected allowing for significant collaborative working.
We are looking for a committed trainer who would like to work within a children’s service offering fostering, residential and education services to children and young people. Key aspects to the role are:
- To deliver training to all residential workers along with on occasion to other employees
- To develop and maintain learning and training materials
- To lead the induction of new staff in designed regions
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Represent Compass Community’s Vision and Values, whilst developing and providing a comprehensive learning ethos to the Compass Community.
- Have a willingness to understand and discuss residential regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attend meetings as required
- Travel nationally
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and have a willingness to learn the use of our in-house databases.
- Have an ability to work under pressure and priorities your workload whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Previous training and facilitation experience is preferred for this role.
- Level 3 Residential Childcare Qualification is advantageous for this role
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, car allowance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment, we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.